Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, Tea

For the two people that will read this, I wanted to tell you a little bit about what I have learned in the past couple of weeks about tea. I recently received a shipment of fine tea from China via www.goldenteahouse.com. Now, I don't know about you, but my knowledge of tea is pretty sparse. I could talk in great detail about the effect of Irish Moss in English Brown ales, but when it comes to tea I am not so well versed. Let's start by talking a little bit about White Tea, a tea not easy to find (at least for the good stuff). I discovered that authentic white tea comes from the Fujian province in China. The higher grade white tea I also discovered has only a single leaf with no stem attached.

The tea I received was a basic white, Bai Mu Dan, and is a mid-grade tea. I was thoroughly excited to receive white tea at all, since it is my favorite, and I was not disappointed. This tea has a mild flavor, it is slightly sweet and very clean. I would recommend it to anyone not well acquainted with tea. One of my favorite aspects of white tea is its antibiotic capabilities. I first learned this when I had strep throat. I added some white tea to my daily regimen of antibiotics and was cured in no time at all. If nothing else, what soothes a sore throat better than a hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is appreciated.